Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Granpaw, tell me bout the good ole days

This past weekend, the closest equivalent that I have to a brother was married. For his remembrance table he wanted a picture by Aidan of Pawpaw. She one-upped him and made a clay figurine complete with suspenders, glasses, cane, and even juicy fruit gum in his pocket. They both cried.

How many little girls can say that they even got to know their granddad let alone argue that they had the best one. I knew until the day He died I could call him from wherever I was and he would fly in (in his pickup) and rescue me and if there were a Dairy Queen nearby, I was getting treated to lunch and a vanilla malt.

He kept pink finger nail polish and acetone so our nails were always fresh...and he even let us style his hair.

One should be so lucky to have so many lasting memories and miss one person so much.

My cup runneth over.

No comments: